Bachelor in Software Engineering
HOW TO APPLY
TRANSFER TO AUSTRALIA
HOW TO APPLY
Enrol in B.E. in Software Engineering at Chitkara University and an option to transfer after two years of study in India to Deakin University, Australia and graduate with a degree in Bachelor of Software Engineering (Honours) from Deakin in Australia, after 4 years (2+2) of total study.
Academic Mentorship in Software Engineering
AT CHITKARA UNIVERSITY INDIA
IN A PATH BREAKING MOVE TO FURTHER REACH OUT IN A GLOBALLY CONNECTED WORLD, CHITKARA UNIVERSITY AND DEAKIN UNIVERSITY, AUSTRALIA, IS OFFERING AN INTERNATIONAL TRANSFER PROGRAM IN SOFTWARE ENGINEERING WHICH IS A 4 YEAR UNDERGRADUATE DEGREE THROUGH THE CENTRE FOR GLOBAL EDUCATION AT CHITKARA UNIVERSITY. IN THIS PROGRAM, STUDENTS WILL STUDY 2 YEARS AT CHITKARA UNIVERSITY BEFORE opting to transfer at DEAKIN UNIVERSITY, AUSTRALIA, WHERE THEY WILL STUDY AN ADDITIONAL 2 YEARS. UPON COMPLETION OF ALL COURSE REQUIREMENTS, STUDENTS WILL GRADUATE WITH A BACHELOR OF SOFTWARE ENGINEERING (HONOURS) DEGREE FROM DEAKIN UNIVERSITY, AUSTRALIA.
In the first two years, the course will be co-taught by faculty from both Universities through blended mode which may include face-to-face classes, video conferences and short intensives. On successful completion of the first two years at Chitkara University, students will have an option to articulate and transfer (based on conditions) into the 4 year Bachelor of Software Engineering (Honours) for on-campus studies at Deakin University in Australia.
Be a part of India’s top rated University
Welcome to Deakin − home of happy students! Deakin University has always been ahead of the curve. From being the first Australian university to specialise in distance education to becoming the university with Victoria’s most satisfied students ten years running, Deakin has a long and illustrious history.
A high-quality education, excellent employment prospects, and a university experience you will love – that’s what Deakin University, Australia, has to offer.Deakin’s approach to learning places emphasis on practical experience and our curriculum is informed by the best in the industry. Your engineering degree will include industry placements, which will give you the opportunity to apply your knowledge and explore your career options. And through unique DeakinTALENT graduate employment services, you will be able to directly connect with employers, build your experience and prepare for your graduate job search.
As we move into an increasingly digital future, Deakin has invested in the latest technology, state-of-the-art learning tools, and facilities to ensure our students are ready for the jobs of tomorrow. This includes electrical and renewable energy labs and design and product realisation labs.But Deakin offer’s more than just a quality Australian degree. Students can get involved through more than 150 clubs and societies, or make use of Deakin’s wide range of student support services. You don’t just study a degree at Deakin University – you get a life-changing experience while investing in your career.
Top 1% University Worldwide
Placed at 231, Deakin is ranked in the top 1% of universities globally by the Academic Ranking of World Universities 2020. This rating indicates world-class facilities, research, and teaching, as well as employability, innovation, and inclusiveness.
Best Rated University
Deakin University is the winner of Victorian International Education Award 2020 for ‘Excellence in International Student Employability and Career Development’.
World Class Facilities
Get access to the world-class facilities and state-of-the-art infrastructure at Deakin's Burwood campus, gain hands-on experience and apply the research in a real-time environment.
For ten consecutive years Deakin's undergraduate students have been the most-satisfied students of all Victorian universities (Australian Graduate Survey 2010–2015, Graduate Outcomes Survey 2016–2019 (GOS), Quality Indicators for Learning and Teaching (QILT)).
Top 1% university worldwide
Best Rated University
World class facilities
Program Framework at Chitkara University (Year 1 & Year 2)
– Engineering Physics
– Discrete Mathematics
– Introduction to Programming Computer Systems
– Academic Integrity
– Design Fundamentals
– Data Structures and Algorithms
– Embedded Systems Development
– Software Engineering 1 : Robotics Project
– Data Capture Technologies
– Object-Oriented Development
– Data and Information Management
– Software Engineering 2: Developing Internet-of-Things Applications
– Concurrent and Distributed Programming
– Secure Networking
Students who opt to take the pathway to Deakin University’s Melbourne campus (subject to meeting transfer conditions ) will take the following courses in the subsequent semesters in Australia to get the 4-year degree in Bachelor of Software Engineering (Honours) from Deakin University.
Program Framework at Deakin University
– Team Project (A) – Project Management and Practices
– Robotics Application Development
– User Centred Design
– Elective Unit
– Team Project (B) – Execution and Delivery
– Advanced Embedded Systems
– Software Architecture and Scalability for Internet-of-Things
– Elective Unit
– Research Project A
– Developing Secure Internet-of-Things Applications
– Elective Unit (Level 2, 3 or 4)
– Research Project B (Thesis)
– Professional Engineering Practice
– Elective Unit (Level 2, 3 or 4)
Students who opt to stay at Chitkara University will enter in the 3rd year of BE in Software Engineering and will take the courses in the 3rd and 4th year to successfully graduate from Chitkara University in the discipline of 4 year Software Engineering degree.
*Chitkara University and Deakin University are continually striving to improve their programs and delivery. The information contained in this framework is subject to change without notice.
Program Highlights at Chitkara University
- This program is jointly developed by mapping Chitkara University B.E. in Software Engineering to the curriculum of the Bachelor of Software Engineering (Honours) degree at Deakin University, Australia so that students can seamlessly transfer with Credit for Recognition of Prior Learning and receive the same learning outcomes and a globally recognized degree i.e. Bachelor of Software Engineering (Honours) from Deakin University in Australia.
- Study and apply your education in superlative infrastructure at both Chitkara University in India and Deakin University in Australia.
- Apart from saving hugely on international tuition fee when you study 2 years at Chitkara University, a high school student will also learn an applied Australian pedagogy when they start closer to home before opting to transfer after two years to Deakin in Australia. Besides tuition fees, a student will also save on boarding and lodging costs when they stay in their home country for the first two years.
- Conditional letter of offer from Deakin University is issued to all students at the start of the course that lays down the conditions to transfer to Deakin University in Australia after successfully completing two years of their study at Chitkara University.
- Students would be coached for the English Language Proficiency requirement (IELTS) during the first two years of your studies at Chitkara University.
Discipline-speciﬁc knowledge and capabilities Develop a broad, coherent knowledge of the software engineering discipline, with detailed knowledge of the application of software engineering principles and approaches. Use knowledge, skills, tools and methodologies for professional software engineering practice. Design software components, systems and computing processes to meet application requirements, within realistic economic, environmental, social, political, legal and ethical constraints.
Communication Communicate in a professional context to inform, motivate and eﬀect change, and to drive sustainable innovation, utilising a range of verbal, graphical and written methods, recognising the needs of diverse audiences.
Digital literacy Utilise a range of digital technologies and information sources to discover, analyse, evaluate, select, process and disseminate both technical and non-technical information.
Critical thinking Evaluate information and evidence, applying critical and analytical thinking and reasoning, technical skills, personal judgement and values, in decision processes.
Problem solving Apply theoretical constructs, skills and critical analysis to real-world and ill-deﬁned problems and develop innovative computing solutions.
Self-management Apply knowledge and skills to new situations in professional practice and/or further learning in the ﬁeld of software engineering with adaptability, autonomy, responsibility and personal accountability for actions as a practitioner and a learner. Apply understanding of reﬂective practice and self-critique skills within broad parameters to plan for their own future continuing professional development.
Teamwork Contribute eﬀectively as a skilled and knowledgeable individual to the processes and output of a work unit or team. Work collaboratively in multi-disciplinary teams, employing eﬀective communication, self and team-management skills to achieve shared goals.
Global citizenship Apply professional and ethical standards and accountability for own learning in the development, design, construction and management of localised computing solutions.
Deakin University's Bachelor of Software Engineering (Honours) has been designed in response to industry demand for innovative software engineers capable of designing and developing complex software systems for the modern world; where software not only needs to interact with other software systems and users, but also with the environment itself.
As a graduate of this course you will be well-equipped to find employment in diverse areas of software systems engineering that are increasing in both complexity and interaction with the physical world. You will be able to develop and implement state-of-the-art smart devices, systems and application frameworks for industries such as smart infrastructure, health, agriculture, manufacturing and transport.
- Business Analyst
- Data Engineer
- DevOps Engineer
- Embedded Systems Developer
- IoT System Engineer
- Machine Learning Engineer
- Mobile Applications Developer
- Project Manager
- Software Engineer
- Software Developer
- System Architect
- Web Applications Developer
This course includes a professional experience unit, where you will be required to undertake at least 60 working days of industry experience during your degree once you move to Australia in the 3rd/4th year. You will also have an opportunity to use your elective units to apply for an industry-based learning position or alternatively a short-term career placement to work on industry projects, gaining experience in entrepreneurship and business skills.
- Deakin University’s software engineering course has been designed in accordance to Engineers Australia’s and the Australian Computer Society’s professional accreditation requirements.
- The award conferred upon completion of undergarduate software engineering degree from Deakin University in Australia is recognised in the Australian Qualifications Framework at Level 8.
Fee Structure at Chitkara University
A student will save significantly on international tuition fee during their two years of study at Chitkara university in India. The international will only be applicable when the student transfers to Australia in the third year at Deakin University
B.E. Software Engineering
FEE PER SEMESTER
- Students need to pay Rs.20,000/- towards ERP /Career Advancement Services (CAS) at the time of admission.
- Students who will continue in the 3rd Year of the program at Chitkara University will be required to pay a nominal examination fee of Rs.25,000/- (per semester) for the 3rd & 4th Year respectively and will graduate with B.E degree in Software Engineering from Chitkara University.
Fee Structure upon transfer in the 3rd year to Deakin University in Australia
Bachelor of Software Engineering (Honours)
Appx. Fees per year in 2022 (AUD)
* The ‘Estimated tuition fee’ is provided as a guide only based on a typical enrolment of students completing the ﬁrst year of this course. The cost will vary depending on the units you choose, your study load, and the length of your course.
The course fee shown is indicative only and actual fees may vary.
The estimated course fee is based on the tuition fee costs of undertaking 8 credit points of study in the course within the speciﬁed year (i.e. the number of credit points that equates to full-time study) but:
- Where fees are estimated for future years those will be subject to annual increases in accordance with increases in the cost of course delivery.
How to Apply at Chitkara University
You can visit our website or download application form or visit us at our admission office in Chandigarh or speak to our representative. Once you meet the eligibility conditions below, you can deposit application form with required documents and application fee to receive your letter of admission. The eligibility conditions are :
- Eligibility for the Academic Year 2022 - Successful completion of Class XII in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics with a minimum of 60% aggregate overall (CBSE, ISC, IB Diploma, State Boards, Cambridge) and minimum 60% in Mathematics.
- A minimum of 65% in English in Class XII
- Achievement of a minimum score of 6.0 bands on the IELTS English proficiency test with no band less than 6
- TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) – score of at least 570 (or 230 if computer-based score), plus a minimum TWE (essay) score of 4.0, or IBT score of 88 with no section below 20.
Mandatory personal Interview with our Academic Team.
* Eligibility criteria are subject to change with each Academic year.
Home to many of Australia’s best-known landmarks, such as the Melbourne Cricket Ground, the National Gallery of Victoria and the World Heritage-listed Royal Exhibition Building. It is also the birthplace of Australian rules football, and the Australian film and television industries.
More recently, it has been recognised as a UNESCO City of Literature and a global centre for street art, live music and theatre. It hosts major annual international events such as the Australian Grand Prix, the Australian Open, Cricket World Cup and the Melbourne Cup, and also hosted the 1956 Summer Olympics and the 2006 Commonwealth Games. Due to it’s rating highly in entertainment, tourism and sport, as well as education, health care, research and development, Melbourne consistently ranked as one of the the world’s most liveable city, year after year.
Transfer to Australia
You can apply for transfer to Deakin University in Australia after studying and demonstrating academic success (with a requisite CGPA of 6.5 on 10.0 scale) at Chitkara University’s B.E. in Software Engineering. You will be eligible to transfer into the third year of Bachelor of Software Engineering (Honours) degree at Deakin University, Burwood Campus in Melbourne, Australia with prior learning credits from the first two years of your study at Chitkara University. You will apply at Deakin University in Australia for transfer into the third year of Bachelor of Software Engineering (Honours) program and based on approval of study permit from the concerned authorities and other conditions, you can graduate with a four year Bachelor of Software Engineering (Honours) Degree.
You will also be eligible to apply and receive a two years of Post Study Work Permit after successful Graduation/Completion of the program. However, apart from academic success, you have to secure a study permit from the Department of Home Affairs at the Australian High Commission in New Delhi, the only Australian Government visa granting Authority.
- Valid IELTS Score of 6.0 Cumulative with no band less than 6.0
- No Prior refusal of any visa for Australia
- Meeting the GTE requirements at the time of admission to Deakin University, Australia
- Successful completion of Class XII with Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics with a minimum 60% aggregate and 65% in English and 60% in Mathematics.
- Have demonstrated the academic success while studying first two years of your Software Engineering at Chitkara University and secured minimum required CGPA without any re-appears
Work in Australia
As an international student at Deakin, you can work part-time according to the conditions of your visa. If you are on a student visa, you can work before the course commences and work more than 40 hours a fortnight in any sector of the economy.* During trimester breaks and holidays, you can work as much as you want. Deakin can even help to find a job that suits you – whether you would like some extra income, or if you are keen to get some work experience related to your degree.
*Disclaimer: The policies are constantly updated and are not static.
Initial Study Permit:
Student Visa Extension:
Skilled Recognized-Graduate Visa:
Work during study:
Post Study Work Visa (Subclass 485):